Monday, June 13, 2005

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

I wanted to wait until I went and saw some life changing award winning movie to make my first review, but most movies out nowadays suck and I ended up seeing 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' which I rather liked, so I figured I'd start there.

Like I said before, I liked this movie. It was pretty much exactly what I had expected it to be, though I hadn't really expected it to be good.

It started off quietly enough, a few jokes here and there, of course the audience is just waiting for the explosions to start so after everything was set up it jumped right to Angelina Jolie in a dominatrix outfit.

Once they figured out they were both assasins the movie picked up quite a bit more, but it also tried to add drama in the movie which really didn't fit. It's a comedy, people want to laugh, trying to make them cry at the same time just confusses the masses. So the couple fights, and in a strange life imitates the arts, you have the two of them denying their loves for each other - but of course we all know it's there.

Then came the obligatory car chase, which you must come to expect in an action movie but they always bore me to tears. This one was different though, I'm not quite sure why, maybe it was because of the dialogue, and the humour, or the fact that Angelina Jolie was still not wearing pants, but I really enjoyed this particular car chase.

The ending of the movie seemed a little rushed, and the scene from the preview with Brad Pitt riding a tricycle shooting people has vanished. There was one visual that absolutely killed me, Brad Pitt interogating a teenager who's wearing a 'Fight Club' T-Shirt (if you don't get that, then you don't deserve to live).

All in all, good movie, go see it, or DIE!!! Or something...
-LS

No comments: