Sunday, June 19, 2005

Cinderella Man

This was another movie where I was expecting it to suck, or at least expecting it to not live up to all the reviews, and this was another movie where I was proved wrong and came face to face with a really incredible movie. Ron Howard and Russell Crowe have made up for ‘A Beautiful Mind’ (FINALLY!!!)

I don’t really know how long I can go on spewing praise for this film – even RenĂ©e Zellweger who I think is far better in comedies than dramas was really good. Russell Crowe probably deserves another Oscar, and hey, why not give another to Ron while they’re at it?

One thing in particular that I need to rave about is the fighting in this film. I’ve mentioned before how all these movies are using the camera seizure technique. Well this movie did not. It allowed for wide shots and steady cameras, and man, that really makes a difference. I was actually getting into the fight scenes for once.
-LS

No comments: