Sunday, January 22, 2006

Underworld: Evolution

Yay, first review of the year!

Go see this movie. I thought it was going to suck, I didn't even want to see it, by Kat showed some interest, and I think Scott Speedman (we'll talk more about him later) is hot. So we went, and I was pleasantly surprised.

It takes off right where the last movie ends, Selene (Kate Beckinsdale) and her newly acquired puppy Michael (Scott Speedman) trying to find a safe place, Korvin headin' off to kill Marcus, Marcus waking up, etc. And it jumps right into the action. It really feels like a continuation of the first movie, like they are one, like Kill Bill. So if you haven't seen the first one, DO NOT see this one. You will have no idea what's going on.

So, right, Scott Speedman. I am almost 100% positive that it is in his contract to be shirtless for half the movie (both movies, actually). He is absolutely adorable though! I've only seen the man in three movies (Underworld 1, Underworld 2, and The 24th Day), but he always plays the most adorable person. I adore him and his little lost puppy ways ("Love me Selene!").

Also, I always loved how they (Michael & Selene) never had sex or had a mad passionate kiss in the first movie, but was absolutely ecstatic that they had both in the sequel. *Squee*

Now, there were a few things that confused us. The biggest one being: WHERE ARE THEY!?! So I spent all day trying to figure this out. We couldn't figure out how they seemed to be in America in one movie, and then seem to be in Hungary and France in the sequel. Well, in the first movie she looks up Michael's address, it says he lives in Budapest, Budapest is in Hungary. It makes sense!!! But why are they speaking English?

I believe I’ve rambled sufficiently. Movie: good. Scott Speedman: Adorable. Kate Beckinsdale: HOT!!! Plot Holes: There, but easily dismissed.
-LS

No comments: