Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy Feet

This is one of the few movies I've seen that have really left me speechless, but I'm not sure that's such a good thing.

At first there's a whole lot of cuteness and singing and I couldn't help but think: "This is 'Penguins: The Musical'!"

But then about half way through the movie it took a very drastic and strange turn. All the sudden it became this big allergory for American politics and I wasn't even sure of half the messages they were trying to dish out; though I did know they involved religious fanaticism.

If you feel like being cheered up, go see this movie. Nothing makes you smile more than a dancing penguin... but I really did feel overwhelmed with all the political messages they tried to incorperrate in this movie.

It was too much and I wish one of them had been left on the cutting room floor. The only political message I thought fit well was about fishing conservation because that's a big problem for both penguins and humans.

But seriously? Did it need so much more? Why not just have singing and dancing penguins!?! Why is that so wrong!?!
-LS

No comments: